Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Vandal Savage and The Time Tunnel of 2016


I was intrigued by The Time Tunnel back in the late 1960s. The show lasted just one season and every week the main characters would walk into the spiral tunnel you see above and be transported through time to some other era. I have no recollection of why they were time-traveling or what the point of the show was but I own the complete series on DVD and I'll be dipping into those discs in my (ha ha) spare time one of these days. I do remember that I liked the concept of the show, though.

Fast forward to 2016. Last week was the premiere of DC's Legends of Tomorrow, the latest show from the team behind Arrow and The Flash. As in The Time Tunnel the characters will time-travel to a different era every episode, but with a definite purpose (namely, to neutralize the immortal Vandal Savage before he (gulp) destroys all life on earth). The cast is familiar already, each of the characters having sprouted previously on Arrow or The Flash, and I like what I see.

various incarnations of Vandal Savage

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home