Thursday, January 21, 2016

George Tuska's Buckteeth


Paul Kupperberg was tweeting a few weeks ago about how the Superman newspaper strip would be ending. This piqued my curiosity because I hadn't been aware that there currently was any such strip.

It turns out that Mr. K was referring to the strip that ended in 1985. He has been chronologically re-presenting the strip one week at a time on his website and he was indicating that he was reaching the end of the chronology.

That strip (known for most of its run as The World's Greatest Superheroes) was drawn by George Tuska. I doubt that any comics fan has ever proclaimed Mr. Tuska to be his favorite artist, but I was a fan of the gentleman's artwork (and I especially enjoyed when he frequently drew his villains with buckteeth). Do you realize that George Tuska's comics resume dates all the way back to 1941 and Captain Marvel Adventures #2?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home