Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Superdawg and Comics


Superdawg is a Chicago institution and I've been going there since I was a kid. Do you realize the eyes of those rooftop statues light up at night? The restaurant is even listed in a book of 1000 Places To See Before You Die so you'd better get a move on!

It was a pleasant surprise in my email inbox a month or so ago to receive a birthday certificate from Superdawg for the sandwich and large soda of my choice! These health-conscious days I far more often ride my bicycle right past Superdawg than go there to eat, but I was not about to miss out on using that excellent certificate. I relished my Supercheesie with grilled onions and my large iced tea. Thank you, Superdawg!

I wondered how I could tie the experience in to comics to make it blog-worthy, and the answer was right before my eyes as I waited in line. I noticed that one of the many items hanging on their wall was a Bill Griffith newspaper strip of Zippy the Pinhead visiting Superdawg. Bingo!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home