Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sheldon Mayer's Red Tornado at C2E2 2014


Just a week or two ago I was writing about how I yearn for a collected edition of 1940s Sheldon Mayer Scribbly stories, which also featured Ma Hunkle  as The Red Tornado. Imagine my surprise at C2E2 when I saw that Red Tornado perfectly brought to life by a cosplayer. I immediately reached for my camera!

Of course that's Doctor Fate on the left and I'm pretty sure it's Batman villain Killer Moth on the right, but Sheldon Mayer's Red Tornado is smack dab in the middle. The costume is perfect! And you have to be a pretty serious comics fan to even know of that character because Ma Hunkle has not appeared in costume in a comic book story since All-American Comics #59 dated July 1944!

2 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Julie Wilhelm said...

awesome! Thats me as Killer moth, my hubby as Fate and my good friend Beth as Ma!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger peacefulshades said...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/581009428707278/ Reposted this on Sheldon Mayers Facebook group..... Love it

 

Post a Comment

<< Home