Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Both Joe Kubert and Carmine Infantino


Joe Kubert and Carmine Infantino are two of the finest and most beloved artists ever to draw for comic books. I'll bet that you remember the first appearance of the Silver Age Flash in the 1956 Showcase #4 was pencilled by Mr. Infantino and inked by Mr. Kubert, but that was not the first collaboration of those gentlemen.

Earlier in the 1950s the two teamed up on a number of stories for the Avon comic book entitled Jesse James, and their work was collected in a little hardcover edition back in 2003. It slipped under my radar at the time (like many things do) but I learned of its existence recently and decided to add that tome to The Hayfamzone Library. I found a good deal on ebay and ordered it.

After mailing the book seller wrote me a note telling me that as he was packing it he noticed that it was a signed-and-numbered edition of the book and he congratulated me on my lucky star. I do feel very fortunate to have the hand-written signatures of both wonderful artists on the title page of this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home