Saturday, November 16, 2013

More Kerschl Always Welcome


Karl Kerschl is one of many artists whose beautiful but infrequent comics work I am always grateful to see. The Grand Comics Database displays just 167 credits for the gentleman dating back to 1993 and including some Superman stories in 2005 and the stunning Teen Titans Year One miniseries in 2008. I wish I could enjoy the treat of a new comic book drawn by this fabulous artist every single month!

Then comes the cognitive dissonance when a creator I adore works on a property that I lack interest in. The above image is from an upcoming graphic novel called Assassin's Creed: Brahman which is based on a video game. I hate comic books based on video games. What remains to be seen is whether my love of Mr. Kerschl's artwork or my hatred of video game comics will win the tug of war gurgling inside of me when this book is printed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home