Tuesday, October 08, 2013

S.H.I.E.L.D. on TV

Let's just call it SHIELD because I am not typing all those periods!

I was going to skip the new SHIELD television show because I just didn't care about it. Then I decided to watch it and wasn't expecting much. But guess what? I liked it! A lot!

I was worried that the debut's excellence was due to Joss Whedon's intimate involvement with that episode, but I've now seen the second installment (with its fewer Whedon fingerprints) and that one was just as wonderful! I noticed that one tweeter bemoaned that the show can't be taken seriously as SHIELD if there's no Nick Fury in sight, but Samuel L. Jackson himself did make an appearance at the end of the second show. And did you hear the one character state to another that they would be taking a Journey into Mystery?

I saw in the credits that Jeph Loeb was listed as one of the executive producers (as was, surprisingly, Joe Quesada). I really liked the credit line that said the show was "Based on the Comics Stories of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby."


1 Comments:

At 5:15 AM, Blogger Big Bill said...

What about Steranko though?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home