Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Big Barda and the Pirate Furies



The DC comic entitled Ame-Comi Girls is a strange beast. The stories are set in an out-of-continuity universe where almost every character is female (with the exception, it seems,  of a few villains). You can tell from the cover above that The Flash and Adam Strange and Steel are each re-imagined as being female in this series.

The stories are fun and, considering I survived reading Bob Haney's stories of the Super-Sons in 1970s issues of World's Finest Comics, this offbeat Ame-Comi universe also will not be the thing to do me in (although I'm still unsure what "Ame-Comi" stands for exactly).

I bring it up because the latest issue (#7) presents an off-kilter new take on some beloved Jack Kirby characters. I showed you back here my recent acquisition of a 1972 Mister Miracle page of artwork featuring Big Barda and the Female Furies, and this Ame-Comi presents Big Barda and the Pirate Furies. Why not?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home