Monday, June 03, 2013

Kryptonite for 35 Cents


Back here I told you about how I found on the street a brightly colored book of matches back when The Amazing World of Superman opened in downstate Metropolis, Illinois in the early 1970s. Well, I then wrote to Metropolis for more information and they sent me back a list of items for sale in their Gift Shop that could be mail-ordered.

They offered a variety of t-shirts ranging in price from $2.40 to 4.00, a souvenir Grand Opening Poster for $2.00, pennants for 25 cents or 75 cents, four different postcard designs for 10 cents each, and a small bag of Kryptonite for 10 cents or a large bag for 35 cents.

On the below order form you can see I was interested in all four of the postcards and a large bag of Kryptonite, plus a few other goodies. For some reason I must not have sent my order in. Too bad.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home