Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jack Kirby's Etrigan on the Radio!


Imagine my surprise recently when the disc jockey said "Etrigan" on the radio! Etrigan was of course the name of Jack Kirby's Demon in the wonderfully fun 1970s DC series, and that name is not commonly heard in everyday parlance.

The radio channel was Chicago's highly regarded WXRT (whose studios I toured three decades ago, as I told you about back here) and the DJ was Frank E. Lee, whom I had never before heard refer in any way to comic books in all the years I've been listening to him. He was introducing the new song Demon to Lean On by The Wavves and he wove Etrigan into his ad lib. Nice!

The gentleman went on to say that he had posted a blog article about comic books so, naturally, I went to see what was up with that. It turns out that Mr. Lee is a fan of Neil Gaiman's Sandman!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home