Monday, April 15, 2013

Blab World is Interesting, but...


Blab World #1 was published in 2010 as the first issue in a series to serve as a replacement for Blab magazine. Blab published 18 issues between 1988 and 2007 and I managed to obtain exactly zero of those eighteen; I didn't know what Blab was in the beginning and then I didn't feel comfortable climbing on the train after it was already in motion (you know, same old story).

The coming of Blab World seemed like more or less a fresh start so I decided to find out what was going on over there. A hardcover book of an unusual size, it's an attractive enough package. There are a few articles, including a history of Weirdo magazine which includes (as you might expect) some nice R. Crumb artwork. Most of the issue consists of full-page paintings which are interesting enough to look at, but the comics content is too sparse to hold my interest. A second issue of Blab World has been published and I was planning on getting it but I think I'll pass.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home