Friday, February 08, 2013

My Comic Book Spinner Rack


It is my pleasure to be able to report that I own a comic book spinner rack. I always wanted one when I was a kid! I bought it directly from the manufacturer in the late 1980s.

You can see above that it's stocked with an issue of The Spirit and there's a Watchmen and (though not visible in the photo) I keep a Forever People #1 in there, and many other comics. And that's a Superman necktie hanging on there.

You can also see in the photo that the comics look a little raggedy and bent out of shape. They were in perfect condition when I first placed them in there, but gravity has taken its toll. I suppose I could bag each comic with a backing board but (ha ha, you know I hate Comiclink and) I'm not about to do that. I also could have artificially spruced things up and stocked the rack with a whole new batch of comics before snapping the photo, but I didn't do that either. Keeping it real in The Hayfamzone, keeping it real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home