Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thunderbolt and Uncle Sam

I purchased Dynamite's Peter Cannon, Thunderbolt #2 at my local comic shop. I had never gotten the first issue but I found out recently that the series is written by Steve Darnall and Alex Ross. That's right! It's the same writing team that was behind the fondly-remembered Uncle Sam prestige miniseries from DC Comics a few years back.

The new Thunderbolt title features artwork by Jonathan Lau which I like quite a bit. This is a series you might want to check on if you're curious whether a Charlton hero from the 1960s can find a place for himself in the comics marketplace of today. I wanted to make sure you're aware of the involvement of Mr. Ross with this comic because I feel it has not been publicized all that well.

Those of you outside the Chicago area might find it interesting to know that Mr. Darnall is the new host of an old-time radio show on the local airways here. A Saturday afternoon Chicago tradition since 1970, Those Were the Days plays four hours of Jack Benny and Gildersleeve and Suspense and the like each and every week. (I myself was heard live on an episode of that show way back in 1974 when I called in to answer a trivia question!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home