Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cesar Romero as The Joker


I never noticed. But how could I have missed it? Of course I refer to the mustache.

Cesar Romero was the first of three excellent live-action actors to play Batman's nemesis, The Joker. (He and Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger were all excellent in their own different ways and I would never be able to select a favorite Joker from among them.) Mr. Romero brought quite a bit of energy to the role and all of his hooting and hamming must have hypnotized me from spotting his decidedly un-Jokerish mustache (which was concealed not a single bit by his white-face make-up). I happened upon one of his episodes last night and I couldn't see anything in the frame but that upper lip plumage of his.

You can read an article (written by actress Debbie Reynolds?) about Mr. Romero and some of the other Batman TV villains over here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home