Monday, October 15, 2012

Who Asked for More Comic Book Men?

Yesterday was the first episode of the second season of Comic Book Men. Can I please just be buried in a shallow grave instead of watching any more of this? How about if I pluck out my eyeballs and roll them onto the expressway during rush hour?

I told you back here and here that Comic Book Men was not exactly my favorite television show. Maybe it was you who clamored for a second season? No, it couldn't have been you.

This show is just so tangential to what comic book collectors are interested in and, for that matter, to what goes on in a comic book store. I have never seen a store owner haggle with someone coming in off the street. Although Mike Grell and Keith Giffen each got a mention for a few seconds on the latest installment, the majority of the show was devoted to the preposterous prospect of convening a boy's birthday party in the store, and also people brought in Darth Vader masks and Mego dolls to sell.

As I was walking down the stairs to watch the episode I could not remember from the springtime if it was a half-hour or full hour show. Isn't that funny? What a relief that it ended after thirty minutes! For the sake of the blog I'll keep watching this dog, but I doubt that I'll be giving weekly reports about it. I wouldn't do that to my worst enemy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home