Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Page 1 of Showcase #1


Recently I wrote about Showcase Presents Showcase and there's one more thing I want to convey about the venerable Showcase series at this time. It introduced itself to its readers at the beginning of its first issue!

Rather than a splash page for the Fireman Farrell story, the editors devoted the prime location of page 1 to explaining the idea of Showcase to the readers. I have been a comics fan for about umptyleven years but I never saw that very cool introductory page until Showcase Presents Showcase was released.


The fourth issue of Showcase was, after all,  responsible for ushering in the much-beloved Silver Age of Comics and I'm just trying to do my part to help more fans know about the above great page. You can find a larger image of the beautifully computer colored one-page story over here, and you might find more of interest in the Dial B For Blog Showcase article where I stumbled upon the artwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home