Tuesday, May 01, 2012

I Gnawed on the Bait


Do you know the cartoon sound effect of a dog chomping down on something? I think it's funny every time I hear it! You can listen to it yourself by clicking on the button over here.

Well, that's the sound of me chomping on the bait that a treacherous trickster left out for me!

In the previous post I wrote about how there was a person named "Mando Baxter" living in Phoenix. Ha ha ha. If only I had gone to that "person's" Facebook page instead of just reading the summary on the Search Results page. Because then I would have seen in the photo field an image of Reid Fleming. And I would have known that it was a put-on. That there really is nobody named "Mando Baxter."

The oldsters among you will remember that Reid Fleming, World's Toughest Milkman, was a highlight of the independent comics world of the 1980s and into the 1990s. Yes, it was a comedy, and Reid Fleming was a psychotic who would start fighting with anybody at the drop of a hat. If different comic book characters could be acquainted with each other, I think Reid Fleming and The Flaming Carrot would be the best of friends.

You got me good, "Mando Baxter." But still, I'll do you a favor. Go ahead and update the image on your Facebook page with the below photo of Reid Fleming that I found.

Unbowed by this turn of events, I went back to Ye Olde Searche Engine and you'll never guess what I found. In Florida there is a lady named Mandy Baxter Hudson!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home