Sunday, January 01, 2012

Happy Hayfamzone New Year!

I laughed until I cried when I saw this great animation! What in the world could The Flash and Wonder Woman be saying?

Kerry Callen gets the credit for getting this great cover-gif ball rolling, and I most definitely posted a comment on his blog letting him know I appreciated his efforts. When I shared his four covers with you last month, I went on to suggest three other covers that I believed could benefit from the same treatment.

Well, you'll never guess who picked up that gauntlet so I'll just tell you: it was Poth herself! She is not only the Princess of the Hayfamzone but also the Queen of Gifs! (But don't worry, I'm not about to start calling her Qog!) I think her Big All-American is magical.

Superman #233 was one of the most important Superman issues of the 1970s as it marked the beginning of editor Julius Schwartz's tenure on the book. And now it's alive!

Superman #14 is one of my favorite Superman covers of all time. In the interest of full disclosure, though, Poth did not animate the eagle herself. I guess one credo of the internet is Don't re-do what's already been done; Poth found an eagle-flapping-his-wings animation and she got it to roost on Superman's shoulder. (Try to take a wild guess what other comics character was holding the eagle in the original incarnation of the animation before you look here.)

Poth has previously made her mark here and here in the hayfamzone, but her animated cover gifs leave her poised to take over the entire internet. You can visit her found-images-and-gifs blog over here. Oh, and Poth is known in some circles as Jeanette Hayes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home