Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Paradigms of Blogworld

Here in the Palace of Hayfamzone, we consider blogging to be a win-win activity. I enjoy writing down my opinions and disseminating information, and hopefully you find something of value (sometimes) when you read what I've written. All good!

Well, I'd like to tell you about two blogs that I take a look at on a regular basis and I recommend that you visit these blogs yourself.

One is named News From Me and is written by Mark Evanier. Yes, this is the Mark Evanier that you know from comic books. In his youth he was an editorial assistant to Fourth-World-vintage Jack Kirby, and the Blackhawk issues he produced with Dan Spiegle in the 1980s are my favorite Blackhawk stories of all time. Mr. Evanier is an early-and-often blogger, often publishing multiple posts in a single day. How does he find the time?! He writes about comics and television and politics and et cetera, and one of his posts in September was a photo of a possum eating Friskies Ocean Fish cat food from a bowl on his back porch. I am not making this up! Click here to be whisked away to the News From Me blog.

The other blog I want to tell you about is Notes from a Final Frontiersman and is written by Bob Greenberger. Yes, this is the Bob Greenberger that you know from comic books. Back in the early 1980s when he was the editor of the first incarnation of the Comics Scene newsstand magazine, Mr. Greenberger was kind enough to publish some of my drawings. He went on to work as an editor for DC Comics, and these days he writes for Weekly World News among many other projects. His posts are very personal, and I feel like a friend of the family when I read his writings. Click here for a visit to Bob Greenberger's blog.

Do you have a blog you can recommend? Please leave a comment and tell me! Don't think of the Hayfamzone Blog as a castle on the hill that you can only longingly point to from afar. NO! Instead, instead think of the Hayfamzone as a meadow in the glen where we can all frolic and dance together!

Would you like to see some of the artwork that I've drawn? Click here and I'll show you.

And I'll see you right back here next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home